Chin Augmentation in Austin With Dr. Yula Indeyeva
A prominent chin and strong jawline are hallmarks of an attractive, symmetrical face. Still, some people are born with an underdeveloped or receding chin. When this happens, it can cause a lack of facial harmony. Chin augmentation can solve this problem and make you look better from every angle.
Dr. Yula Indeyeva, a facial plastic surgeon in Austin, TX with double board-certification, specializes in chin augmentation procedures, offering exceptional knowledge and skill to her patients. She collaborates closely with each patient, listening to their specific concerns and designing a customized treatment plan that caters to their needs, resulting in a more confident and aesthetically pleasing appearance.
If you would like to learn more about the benefits that chin augmentation in Austin, TX, can provide for you, we invite you to schedule a consultation with Facial Plastic Surgery of Austin today!
What is Chin Augmentation?
Chin augmentation involves enhancing your profile with an appropriately sized implant placed along your jawbone. As a fellowship-trained expert in facial anatomy, Dr. Yula Indeyeva will help you choose an implant size that will provide the most natural-looking outcome, then carefully shape it during surgery to harmonize with your nose and other facial features.
Proven Benefits of Chin Enhancement Surgery
Since people instinctively associate facial symmetry with health and attractiveness, chin augmentation can immediately improve others’ opinion of your looks. It’s a low-risk, high-reward procedure when performed by a qualified, double board-certified facial plastic surgeon like Dr. Indeyeva.
Other benefits of chin augmentation include:
- Balances facial features: Chin augmentation can help bring balance to the face by improving the proportions of the chin in relation to other facial features, such as the nose and forehead.
- Enhances facial contour: By adding volume or reshaping the chin, chin augmentation can improve the contour and definition of the lower face, reducing or eliminating a double chin, chin dimpling, and more.
- Boosts self-confidence: Correcting a small or weak chin with chin augmentation can help improve self-esteem and confidence.
- Reverses signs of aging: As we age, the chin can lose volume and sag, resulting in an older and less defined appearance. Chin augmentation can help reverse these signs of aging and restore a more youthful look.
Am I a Good Candidate for Chin Augmentation?
Healthy, non-smoking adults who are self-conscious about a disproportionately flat chin and weak jawline could be well-qualified for chin augmentation surgery.
Some factors that can make someone a good candidate for chin augmentation:
- Weak or receding chin: Individuals with a weak or receding chin, which can cause facial imbalance or a “double chin” appearance, may benefit from chin augmentation.
- Disproportionate facial features: If the chin is disproportionately small in comparison to the rest of the face, chin augmentation can help create a more balanced and harmonious appearance.
- Good general health: As with any surgical procedure, good general health is important for minimizing the risks of complications and ensuring a smooth recovery.
- Realistic expectations: A good candidate for chin augmentation is someone who has realistic expectations for the outcome of the procedure and understands that it can improve the appearance of the chin but may not radically alter overall facial appearance.
- Healthy mental and emotional state: It’s important for individuals to have a healthy mental and emotional outlook before undergoing surgery, as they should be able to handle the stress and recovery process that comes with it.
- Non-smoker: Smoking can increase the risk of complications during surgery and impede the healing process, so being a non-smoker is generally a positive factor for being a good candidate.
During your consultation, Dr. Indeyeva will examine you and ask you questions about your medical history to determine whether this procedure is safe and appropriate for you. She will also explain the details of this surgery to ensure you have realistic expectations.
Schedule A Consultation
Dr. Yula Indeyeva is a highly trained, Double Board-Certified plastic surgeon in Otolaryngology (Head and Neck Surgery) and Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. She is a specialist in surgical and non-surgical rejuvenation methods for the face, head, and neck. With her mastery of everything from dermal fillers to facelifts, Dr. Indeyeva loves guiding her patients along their journey towards a more confident, empowered, and beautiful self.
What to Expect During and After Chin Augmentation
Cosmetic chin surgery is an outpatient surgery done while you are under local or general anesthesia. It involves a small, concealed incision inside your mouth or under your chin, through which Dr. Indeyeva will insert and shape the implant. You can return home the same day, but please ask someone to drive you.
The results are immediate and permanent. You will leave with a proportional chin and a balanced profile. Dr. Indeyeva will provide you with detailed recovery and aftercare instructions, including when to return for follow-up appointments.
You can expect minor bruising and swelling after the procedure, which typically fade by the two-week mark after surgery. If your job is not overly strenuous or stressful, you’ll likely feel healed enough to return to work after about a week of recovery.
Schedule Your Chin Augmentation Consultation Today
As a double board-certified facial plastic surgeon, Dr. Indeyeva’s unique qualifications and extensive training make her the top choice for patients in Austin and beyond. She has 10 years of experience in facial plastic surgery and has chosen to devote her entire practice to this challenging discipline. She also travels the country as a speaker and trainer.
Dr. Indeyeva takes pride in her ability to forge genuine connections with her patients, using her skills to restore their identity and self-confidence. She considers it an honor when patients entrust her with their facial appearance. To learn more about chin augmentation in Austin, contact us online to schedule your private, confidential consultation today.
Austin Chin Augmentation - FAQs
Dr. Indeyeva will hide chin surgery incisions inside your mouth or on the underside of your chin, so scarring will be both minimal and inconspicuous.
Since the chin and nose are both so central to facial symmetry and balance, many patients add rhinoplasty to their tailored surgical plan. Depending on your concerns, you may also want to consider chin and neck liposuction or a neck lift to further define your jawline.
As this surgery is highly customizable and may include additional procedures, Dr. Indeyeva will need to meet with you to determine your total price tag.
Most people get a single chin implant that lasts the rest of their lives. While it remains in place, your surgical results will be permanent. However, if you ever change your mind about your enhanced appearance, implant removal is an option.